What to bring to the swimming pool (Besides the obvious)

 I got some friends who are just starting to swim and they are puzzled about what to bring to the pool. 

Hmmmm.....

Actually, it is quite obvious. Just bring a jammer/swimsuit, a pair of goggles, training equipment, a towel, and some extra clothes. There, you're good to go. 

But, what should an avid swimmer have? What should you bring to the pool?

I made a list... LET'S GO!!!!

1. Water bottle

HYDRATE!!! You should always hydrate yourself in between sets or every few minutes. When you are in the water, you don't feel thirsty, but trust me you should hydrate yourself. Bring a big water bottle (more than a liter) full of water and try to finish it before you leave the pool. 

YES!!! YOU DO SWEAT IN THE POOL!! 

Swimmers don't realize they are sweating in the pool because it just washes out but, that's how the body reacts to heavy movements. Therefore, you do need to replace all those liquids that are sweated out. 

2. Swim cap

I am a boy. I have short hair. So, I never use a cap before. The main reason swimming pools make it compulsory to wear a swim cap is due to hygiene purposes like the hair falls and the oils in our hair but, there is more to it. 

When I first time used a swim cap, everything made a difference. I felt smoother in the water, my hair doesn't fall in front of my face and my hair was relatively dry. Unless you are bald, then whatever I said here doesn't make sense. LOL. So, grab yourself a swim cap to the pool, make your swim a better experience. 

3. Proper bag

When I started to swim, I just bought my backpack for the pool. My bag would be drenched in water after every swim, even if I kept my bag on a bench or a dry spot. I don't know-how. What's the solution?

Get yourself a proper bag. A dry bag, a swimming bag, or a mesh bag. Personally, I bought a dry bag. It's waterproof, I can bring it to all my water activities. I bring it when I dive, go to the pool, to the waterfalls, and any other vacation. 

Get a good bag. A good swimming bag has so many compartments to store your wet and dry stuff. It would even have a place to store your goggles, training equipment, and many more. Whereas, with a mesh bag you just have to chuck everything in, though it does dry your stuff real quick. 

Dry bag

Mesh Bag

Swimming Bag


4. Extra goggles and jammers/swimsuit

Extras... Yes. It saves a lot of time and embarrassing moments. When a new pair of goggles you bought of Shopee snapped or a new jammer/swimsuit that tore, extras always come in handy. It happened to me several times. I just snapped my 7-year-old goggles a few weeks back and I was too disappointed that I left my extra pair at home. And there was another time my jammer tore while I was getting ready to go in the pool. 

The moral here, bring extras to the pool. Especially, when you are headed to a competition/race. Always have an extra pair of goggles, swim caps, and jammers. 

Thank you for reading all the way till the end. I hope you get something out of this. If I missed anything out. Do comment below. 

See you in the next one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redemption: Bukit Merah OWS

Swimming Essentials - What you need to swim faster

Swimming Gears for Advanced Swimmers